Pouring rain is no reason to miss a sunny afternoon on the links. Whether you love golf or not, you’ll want to take the opportunity to go out and play golf — and these golf umbrellas will make it a lot easier and more fun!
While everyone needs a golf umbrella, one that’s waterproof is important. You’re going to want one that is sturdy so that you don’t injure anyone, and lightweight enough so that it doesn’t rip your arm off while you’re carrying it in windy conditions.
Safety and durability are very important to think about while selecting a golf umbrella as well. Just because it’s 100% windproof, doesn’t mean that it’s 100% safe as well. You want to keep these things in mind when you’re making your choice.
1. ZOMAKE Golf Umbrella 58/62/68 Inch
- Protects the golfers from strong wind gusts
- Comfortable to hold due to the textured handle
- Large enough to provide full body coverage
- Recommended by golfing experts
- Easy to open and close
- Great value for money
- Different size options
- Not exactly lightweight
- Cumbersome bag is bigger than the umbrella
- Color may not be what you’d expect
With Automatic Open and Close Function for Golf, Indoor, Outdoor (Blue).
The Golf Umbrella from ZOMAKE is the only umbrella on our list that can be used while on the golf course. It’s designed to shield you from strong winds, and it comes with a nice handle to make it feel more comfortable to hold.
The umbrella has undergone a several gravity test for wind resistance. It can protect you from wind speeds of up to 35 miles per hour. However, it’s not recommended for ones that exceed 30 miles per hour as even the stronger umbrella can’t withstand heavy winds.
2. BAGAIL Golf Umbrella 68/62/58 Inch Large Oversize Double Canopy Vented Automatic Open Stick Umbrellas
- Large 48-inch canopy
- Easy to store and transport
- High wind protection capacity
- 4 times thicker curved fiberglass ribs increase the wind resistance in gusty conditions
- Umbrella frame is lightweight an carbon fiber, aluminum, plastic
- Prevents umbrella from opening in windy conditions
- Athletic and fashionable design for men and women
- Available in different colors
Depending on your needs, a golf umbrella can help you keep the weather in check during a round. There are many different golf umbrellas to choose from. One of our picks is the Bagail Golf umbrella that is built with a large 48-inch canopy that is great for protection from rain and the sun.
The umbrella frame is constructed with carbon fiber and aluminum that makes it lightweight and easy to carry. The curved fiberglass ribs have a maximum wind resistance capacity. The carrying case is made of polyester. The umbrella pops open automatically when extended and closes down after you release it.
For all the details, view the video description below.
3. G4Free 54/62/68 Inch Automatic Open Golf Umbrella Extra Large Oversize Double Canopy Vented Windproof Waterproof Stick Umbrellas
- Sturdy for windy days
- Works well heading out the door
- Features automatic opening
- Comes in a variety of sizes
- Not the best for windy weather
- Not the best for keeping you dry in the rain
We were looking for a sturdy golf umbrella to use on the course. The G4Free 54 62 68 Inch Automatic Open Golf Umbrella has held up well even in high wind. We’ve used it on wet rainy days and were pleased that it kept us somewhat dry. The automatic opening/closing is convenient and stops the umbrella from flipping inside out.
The handle is well-designed and is easy to use, even with slightly bulky gloves. The umbrella weighs about a pound and possesses all-wooden ribs and a plastic cover for the maximum sturdy windproof umbrella.
4. UROPHYLLA Golf Umbrella Windproof Large Rain Umbrella
- Stable leg design for added support
- Big enough for two
- Easy to operate crank
- The umbrella is rather bulky
- Some received umbrellas without the user manual
- The pole isn’t bend-proof
The Uropophylla golf umbrella offers versatility in size and is a great choice for the avid golfer. The 62-inch long shaft and push button automatic open/close make it easy to carry and use. It comes complete with a travel bag and compact carrying case. It is made of a waterproof material and is also Windproof to protect you from even the most intense downpour.
This umbrella is large enough for two people to be under it, and it comes in four gorgeous colors: black, blue, red, and green. It’s a bit bulky, but that’s a small price to pay for having the coverage of a full-size umbrella while out on the course.
5. G4Free 52/62inch Wooden J Handle Golf Umbrella Windproof UV Protection Classic Stick Wedding Cane Umbrellas
- Made with high quality wood
- Has a strong finish
- Has a great brand name
- Very lightweight
- Easy to store
- Has good warranty
- Some has reported design flaws
- Some reported packaging wasn’t right
- Few complained about rust issues
Golf Umbrella, Black (52/62 inch).
We live in a country known for its unpredictable weather, which is why having a quality golf umbrella is so important. When you play golf this umbrella will probably be the only thing between you and the rain, and we need to make sure that it will stand the test of time. However, before we get into the details, there is some important information we need to share with you.
If you are a regular reader of our site, you know by now that we believe in trust and transparency. For this reason, we need to mention that we have a relationship with G4Free, which means we may get a commission if you choose to buy through our link. Now that that is out of the way, here is what we found.
6. Repel Umbrella Golf Umbrella
- Very affordable
- Teflon coating
- Strong and durable
- Available in various sizes
- Works well even in windy conditions
- Can withstand repeated uses
- Works well even on rainy days
- Expensive shipping charges
- The umbrella was reported to arrive damaged in some cases
And Close Automatic Tilt Feature, 9.5 lbs
The Repel umbrella is possibly the best golf umbrella on the market right now. Affordable and easy to use, it has several features that make it the perfect accessory for golfers. It also comes in a range of sizes, and is available in different colors – so you can get the umbrella you need to fit your exact needs.
The Repel umbrella is the best golfing umbrella for those who are looking for a simple solution to protect them from rain. It’s easy to collapse and put up, and the hand strap will allow you to carry it around with ease. When it comes to wind, it’s also very effective.
7. Golf Umbrella Large 48 Inches
- Elegant appearing with a broad metal collar
- Huge canopy that you will appreciate during the rain
- Double canopy is a feature that you will find nice in its practicality
- Very inexpensive umbrellas of such quality are hard to find
This golf umbrella is an excellent value for the price. It’s sturdy, well-made, and very elegant looking. The large size is 48 inches. The umbrella has fiberglass ribs, a nice heavy duty touch. The ribs aid in the sturdiness of the umbrella.
It comes in a variety of colors: green, honey, black, navy blue, and grape. All colors are beautiful and the pictures are very accurate in color.
It is made by a well-known golf umbrella producer. The automatic opening is a good feature to have, a feature that will save you time in opening it. There are vented double canopies on both sides of the umbrella.
8. ACEIken Golf Umbrella Large 58/62/68 Inch Automatic Open Golf Umbrella Extra Large Oversize Double Canopy Vented Umbrella Windproof Waterproof
- Comfortable grip
- Great for outdoor use
- Not too expensive
- Quality control issues with the umbrella frame
- Size is slightly larger than advertised
The ACEIken Golf Umbrella is perfect for you if you need an umbrella that’s large enough to protect you from rain, snow, or whatever type of weather you are unfortunate enough to be faced with during your golf game.
The ACEIken Golf Umbrella is built with an extra large canopy to protect you from the rain, snow, or whatever weather conditions are in store for you while you are enjoying your game.
In addition to extra protection from the rain, snow, or whatever weather conditions you are faced with during your game, the ACEIken Golf Umbrella also comes with a comfortable grip to keep you from dropping it during your game.
9. Prospo 62/68 inch Golf Umbrella UV Protection Auto Open Large Windproof Stick Vented Sun Rain Umbrellas
- Great value for money
- Quality construction
- Semi-sturdy metal ribs
- Locking/unlocking mechanism provides extra security
- Not very durable
- Limited color choices
Despite the fact that umbrellas are the most common pieces of golf equipment on earth, we often overlook the importance of umbrellas when we are buying golf gear. It does not matter whether you play golf in Florida, England, Ireland, Scotland or Canada, an umbrella is something you should never be without on the course.
In addition, weather conditions change quickly, and you never know what is going to happen during a round, so it’s important to have an umbrella that is easy to carry around and will withstand the elements. A golf umbrella with a sturdy frame and flexible top with plenty of vents to allow air to flow through it will keep you dry and comfortable.
10. Brainstorming Large Travel Umbrella Windproof Compact Golf Umbrella Double Canopy Vented Automatic Open Rain Umbrella
- Lightweight and compact
- 7.1-Inch Height when Closed
- Super durable frame
- Amazing grip on the handle
- Easy to assemble
- Premium version has a bit of a design flaw
- Quite heavy if you leave the shaftette section intact
This super-versatile umbrella from Brainstorming is engineered with a unique double canopy design that provides plenty of shade on sunny days. The canopy is vented to ensure that a steady flow of air keeps you cool no matter the climate. This umbrella is also equipped with automatic open technology so you never have to worry about forgetting to open it.
The shaftette of the Brainstorming umbrella has been designed to be detachable for easy carrying, which is a great feature if you commonly leave your umbrella inside the car. The shaftette can also be attached to the umbrella via a loop for added security.
The Brainstorming umbrella has been made with an incredibly durable frame which supports the double canopy design. The frame also comes with a comfortable, slip-resistant grip to ensure an easy and secure grip. The shaftette is constructed with high-quality aluminum for added strength.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best golf umbrella to buy?
Many golfers would prefer a stretch out, or lightweight golf umbrella to be included in their golf bag when playing on a rainy day. However, most of these umbrellas are not designed to be used in tough weather anyway. Another reason why you may need an umbrella for golfing is that many umbrella shaft-tips are sharp, and the golf umbrella is a great alternative to 1) not leaving your golf bag unattended, and 2) carrying your regular-sized, cumbersome, wind-resistant umbrella to the golf course.
It really is a fantastic idea to invest in a sturdy golf umbrella for that rainy day, and that’s why we’ve done the hard work for you. We’ve scoured the internet to find the best reviews for golf umbrellas, and we’ve come up with the following five.
What is standard size golf umbrella?
A standard golf umbrella is usually around 42” – 52” in length. You can also find 36” models as well. If you are from areas like Japan, Hong Kong, Australia or England, where high rainfall is the rule rather than exception, you will also need to factor in the width of the cover. Remember that a larger object needs longer cover.
What is the best umbrella?
The best golf umbrella is one you can use comfortably and effectively. If you’re going to spend a little extra on an umbrella, it needs to be something that meets your specific needs and that you love using. The umbrellas on this list are the ones we think will work best for different golfers. We included both canopy shape, size, and price in our choices, and we focused on the umbrellas that offer the best protection and the highest quality in their class.
We tried to cover every basis here so that you can find what you’re looking for whether you’re a beginner, intermediate, or a professional-level player. When you’re ready to shop for your new umbrella or upgrade, this should be a great place to get started.
Can you use a golf umbrella in the rain?
Golf umbrellas were designed for the specific purpose of keeping golfers dry while walking around the course. They are far too thin to be used as effective rain umbrellas. The wind will blow them inside out in a matter of seconds, and dirt and water will seep through the material. So if you were actually hoping to use your golf umbrella in the rain, I’m afraid you’ll need to choose another one. Alternatives like golf raincoats and rain sleeves are far more useful and effective in the rain.
Comparing golf umbrellas isn’t easy – because they are all different. From size and weight to wind and water resistance, each aspect of their make-up will impact how you play and how you experience the game of golf.