Christmas shopping can be a stressful and hectic time of the year. There is always that aching need to get a wonderful gift for your family and friends.
And if you have a golfer on your list this year, finding a suitable Christmas gift for them can be challenging, especially if you’re not really that familiar with the sport of golf.
However, there are a few guidelines you can follow to help make your decision easier.
Lucky for you, I’ve created an easy-to-read and comprehensive Christmas list of the top 15 golf gift ideas you can buy your golfer this year.
|Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls||Best Overall|
|Golf Gadgets||Budget Pick|
|Garmin Approach Z80||Upgrade Pick|
1. Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls
- Official ball of the PGA Tour
- Great durability
- Highly visible
- Long-lasting even with some cuts
I had the pleasure to review this product – Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls (One Dozen).
Despite the big bad golfers like Tiger Woods badmouthing these golf balls to fool the masses – I assure you that the Titleist Pro V1 are top-notch golf balls.
These are the balls Camilo Villegas used to win the 2007 Phoenix Open. Yes, these are the same balls you’ll see on the PGA tour, so you know they’re legit.
2. Titleist Pro V1x Golf Balls
- Not as expensive as previously thought
- Provide a higher level of precision
- Great distance and durability
This past year a lot of golfers switched to this new generation of golf balls, the Pro V1x. This latest model of the Pro V1x has three layers, the inner layer being sensitive to the slightest changes in spin and ball movement. The middle layer is a tad firmer, so that impact doesn’t affect the layer below. The final layer is a bit harder, so the ball doesn’t lose much of its initial speed. These three layers combined allow for greater control and distance.
This is the first golf ball to be constructed with a new, thinner, 32-compression cover. The compression is just right: not too soft to sacrifice distance for control, but not so hard to cut your distance short. You also get pinpoint accuracy from every swing. When you tee up the Pro V1x, you get everything you need to take your game to the next level.
It’s easy to just assume that Titleist Pro V1x Golf Balls ( One Dozen ) will set you back your mortgage payment, but you’ll be shocked at what you can find. You can find this in packages of three dozen or one dozen.
3. Titleist Pro V1x Prior Generation Golf Balls
- Best choice for high-handicap/beginner players
- Lower flight distance and trajectory
- Great durability
- Withstand pressure well
- Distance and control comparable to the best balls in golf
- Soft feel
- Good approach and short-game ball
- Forgiving nature allows for some unpredictable flight characteristics
- Impact sound is loud
- Ball reacts quickly to side winds
- Lower initial turn than other premium balls
The Titleist Pro V1x prior generation ball is one of the most popular rounds of golf in the world. This golf ball has an all new mantle layer with a one-piece, solid core for distance.
The Pro V1x has a dual core that delivers high ball speeds. The aerodynamic 354 tetrahedral dimple design travels farther with a lower trajectory and softer feel.
This high-performance, reliable golf ball is a great choice for mid to high-handicaps or for teeing off on the first tee. You can always count on it in all weather conditions. It also has exceptional durability and numerous color choices.
4. Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green
- Great for tailgating and other outdoor events
- Easy and quick setup
- Carrying case makes it easy to bring to different locations
- Affordable price
- Makes a great gift for all ages
- Easily portable
- Requires a well-maintained surface in order to be useful
- The divots are hard to replace
The Grassroots Par Three Putting Green makes a great gift for anyone who loves to golf or just likes to play around with their friends. This great product includes two cups and a flag.
It is extremely portable and fits inside of its own carrying case. It’s easy to set up, and you may be surprised at just how long you will spend using it once you have it set up.
Even though it’s made from plastic, the Grassroots Par Three Putting Green has a realistic turf texture and it’s still easy to roll the ball over the surface.
5. JEF WORLD OF GOLF Collapsible Chipping Net
- Easy to use
- Works well for exercises
- Get a bucket of balls to improve your game
- Very little space required
- Makes great small gift for golfers
- Not as durable as expected
- May get an off-round shape if starting using it poorly
If you are one of the golfers who needs a specific golf accessory this is one of the most essential items for you. The JEF WORLD OF GOLF Collapsible Chipping Net is one of the golf products I have added in this Golf Gifts list. There are so many golfers who don't have any idea on what to buy for their loved ones. If you are one of them then this golf product review can be helpful.
This golf net is lightweight, portable and easy to use. This is among the top rated net in the market. It can be quickly and easily assemble and ace the job.
The JEF World of Golf Chipping Net is perfect for the chipping practice. It reduces the misses and decreases the risk of losing from a little distance. So it can help to improve your game.
6. JEF WORLD OF GOLF Single/Double Layer Trunk Locker
- Designed to use in a compact space
- Two-layer construction will prevent moisture and mildew
- Comes with a lock, so it can be used for personal items
- You can also place other items on top
- Sturdy construction
- Great for small spaces
- Larger than most locker trunks on the market
- Not suitable for larger carts
If you have plenty of room to spare in your golf cart, you can buy a larger trunk. But, if you don’t have the luxury of space, we recommend going with the JEF World of Golf Single/Double Layer Trunk Locker. This small trunk should fit easily in your golf cart. It can hold your clubs securely and keep them out of the rain and away from pests.
It’s also perfect for storing your personal items, giving you the freedom to travel light and save time.
The JEF World of Golf Single/Double Layer Trunk Locker is covered with two layers of high-density polyethylene sheets. The sheets are vapor permeable which will keep your equipment dry and outside elements out. The polypropylene lock has a keyhole protected by lock cover and secured by a spring-loaded striker.
7. FootJoy HydroLite Rain Jacket
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Easy to wear
- Packs small and expands to fit
- Multiple color options
If you’re looking for a rain jacket for golf that feels like you’re wearing nothing at all, this jacket from FootJoy is just for you. The ultra-light rain jacket is designed to cater to golfers all year round, and even be used by those that just want a stylish jacket for everyday use.
The FootJoy rain jacket was designed to feature an easy-on and easy-off interface that allows the jacket to lay flat in the bottom of your golf bag until it’s needed. The fold-out collar gives you extra protection from the elements, and when not in use, the hood can be stored in the collar. A t-shaped pull cord gives you a custom fit, and a zippered back pocket is ideal for stashing your smartphone or wallet.
The FootJoy rain jacket is available in a variety of different colors, and even comes in four different sizes. Also, it’s available for women and children as well.
8. Rukket 10x7ft Haack Golf Net
9. SuperSpeed Golf Training System
- Helps you build confidence and improves swing plane
- Durable materials
- Great for beginners and intermediates alike
- Can save you money on lessons and improve your scores
- Improves pitching, driving, chipping, and putting
- Does not require use of a tee
- Includes a built-in target range
- Can become unstable with wind
- Requires use of a flat surface
- Not the best for use on rough or uneven ground
Golf can be a difficult game to master and can be even more difficult to excel at. The SuperSpeed Golf Training System from SuperSpeed Golf is a simple and efficient way to master your swing plane and build your confidence before stepping onto the real green. It is easy to assemble and doesn’t even require a practice tee. This makes it inexpensive and easy to carry with you so you can improve your game wherever you go.
The system was designed with a comfortable counterweight system for the adjustable club to swing freely and consistently. This allows you to practice your swing before heading out to the course with your clubs. The club also offers a flexible dual rubber tip that serves the purpose of protecting your clubs if you hit it by mistake. Most importantly, it helps the user develop a better swing plane.
10. FootJoy Men's Pro/Sl-Previous Season Style Golf Shoes
- Long lasting
- Low cost
- High quality
- Great traction
- High ankle support
- Very minimal padding
- Buckle could have been better
- Narrower than some brands
The FootJoy Men’s Pro Sl-Previous season Golf Shoes is a top pick among many golfers. It’s a great pick for beginners as well as intermediate and experienced players.
FootJoy offers high quality footwear for any type of golfer. The Pro SL comes with a great amount of cushioning, and the shoe box is a foldable design so it travels well.
11. Pelz Golf DP4007 Putting Tutor
- Great for all skill levels
- Positive reinforcement
- Easy to set up
- Folds up for storage
Golfers can improve their game dramatically with a putting tutor like the Pelz Golf DP4007. It’s easy to set up and fold up, so it’s portable when traveling. The included training guide will allow you to master the basics of putting in no time.
The Pelz Golf DP4007 is a great gift for beginners through advanced golfers as it can help improve your putting in a variety of different ways. The tutor can help you by allowing you to see your stroke more clearly during practice.
It also trains your muscles and your mind to create a consistent putting stroke. Your confidence should improve as well, as your putting stroke becomes more effective and you start sinking more putts. Golf is typically a very solitary sport, but the Pelz putter allows you to practice with your friends without being on the course.
12. Garmin Approach S60
- Easy to read and operate
- Fits nicely on the wrist
- Signal acquisition is quick
- Distances to hazards and layups are accurate
- Durable and waterproof
- Setup instructions suck
- Small viewing angle
- It’s not the prettiest thing on your wrist
- No y-axis in the scorecard screen
The Garmin Approach S60 golf watch comes loaded with features that every golfer will find useful. It’s straightforward operation makes it easy to use for golfers of all skill levels. One of the great features it has is the HD color display, so you can always see your data clearly on the large screen.
The S60 will show you the distance to the front, middle and back of the green. It will give you a horizontal and vertical view of the green, as well as the distance to any hazards. One of my favorite features about the watch is the ability to sync your scorecard automatically to Garmin’s website and to the Garmin app.
This watch comes in three different sizes: small, medium and large. It can be charged with a USB cable and USB adapter. Some golfers may find the large size cumbersome on their wrists, which is a reason they may be interested in the S60 Approach.
13. Titleist Pro V1 Prior Generation Golf Balls
- Official golf ball of the PGA Tour, and USGA
- Soft Surlyn cover reduces the ball’s spinning
- Distance control
- 2nd-longest running golf ball
- Stays very straight
- Good control
- Best-selling golf balls
- Excellent in windy weather
- Affordable price
- 24 Compression
- Sport balls don’t travel as far
- Not the best option for short to medium distances
- Not for beginners/intermediate golfers
- Balls can be hard to find
- Designed for slow swing golfers
14. Garmin Approach Z80
- Measure up to 400 yards
- GPS-enabled’so you can accurately measure distance on almost any golf course
- The device measures vertical elevation, so you get a truly accurate measurement
- Has a bunch of automatic features like the Approach’s Auto Course Recognition and Auto Hole Advance
- Features a 5X monocular
- Heavier than some of the other choices on the list
Some of the best golf gifts have to be from your local golfing superstore, and if you haven’t shopped at Dick’s Sporting Goods, you’re missing out on all the great gear and gadgets you need to take your game to the next level.
One of our top picks in this category is the Garmin Approach Z80. It is an excellent gift for any golfer who’s serious about the game. You can take advantage of the GPS-enabled measure up to 400 yards and know exactly where the flagstick is. You can get a vertical elevation measurement as well, so you know the exact distance you need to hit. This device is also great for beginners who are still developing aim and taking shots, because it helps them learn how far away the pin is from their ball, even at trees and bunkers.
15. Suncast Golf Bag Garage Organizer Rack
- Allows for easy storage of up to 4 full-sized golf bags at once
- Doesn’t take up much space
- Can hardware
- Made of durable resin
- Features include a step-over, skid resistant, non-scuffing base
- Covered in scratch resistant resin to prevent rusting
- The cover is easy to remove so you can reach your belongings
- A bit pricey
- Some users find it a bit flimsy
The Suncast Golf Bag Garage Organizer Rack is one of our top picks for storing golf carts or equipment in the garage, shed, basement or attic. This golf equipment storage rack is designed to be able to hold up to four full sized golf bags. You can easily get all your golf equipment in and out of the rack as the cover is easily removable. The rack also includes a removable shelf that you can add as you need.
Another great feature of this golf storage rack is that it will not damage the base of the golf clubs. This feature helps eliminate the need for skid-resistant matting – the ball/club flippers won’t suffer from the scratches.
16. Golf Gadgets
- Easy to use
- Flawless customer service
- Long battery life
- Requires software if you want to use the swing analysis feature
- Very temporary
- Beginners might not need such advanced swing tracking
Anyone who ever thought golf history began with Tiger Woods should sit down with the Arccos Golf Performance Tracking System. This system includes 15 sensors in each set that you attach to your golf clubs. When you’re done with a round, the sensors gather data on every aspect of your game so that you can analyze your performance up to and after each shot.
As well as recording the stuff you’ve always wanted to know about your game, the Arccos system provides golfers with expertise and real-time data such as the distances to each of the trouble areas on the golf course.
Arccos also allows players to connect with friends, both in real time and after the round. The system shows how far ahead or behind your friends are based on their scores.
17. Precision Pro Golf
- Good laser accuracy
- Good battery life
- Split range feature
- Unit will auto shut-off when not in use
- Full 5 year warranty for longer lifespan
18. Arccos Golf 360 Golf Performance Tracking System
- Accurate distances and club tracking
- Low-maintenance software
- Easy-to-install hardware
- GPS-like distances on your connected smartphone
- Tracks statistics like fairways hit, greens in regulation, and putts per hole
- Requires monthly fee
- Only syncs via Bluetooth
- Requires fiddling with app settings for distances to display correctly
- Compatible only with iPhone
- App features are limited beyond analysis of round
The Arccos Golf 360 golf performance tracking system uses integrated sensors in your golf clubs. It tracks the data of your statistics from previous rounds. After completing a round, you sync your device and track your progress from your phone.
The Arccos Golf system is currently offered in two models: the Arccos 360 and the Arccos Driver. The golf performance tracking system provides on demand in-depth data analysis of your previous games.
It also tracks several other statistics besides the distances of each club and of your shots. It tracks the fairways hit, and the greens your shots managed to negotiate. It tracks the amount of putts you make per hole. It displays these statistics on your connected phone or tablet after your game.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best gift for a golfer?
When it comes to gifts for anyone you know, whether it’s your husband, father, boss, or neighbor, golfers are pretty easy to shop for. They are a simple group of people, who are generally easy to please.
Golfers are usually not the type of people to want for materialistic things. They tend to enjoy the simple things in life. That being said, we’ve put together a list of the best gifts for the golfer in your life.
What to get the golfer who has everything?
What is the most popular item for Christmas?
What are the most popular Christmas gifts for 2018?
What's the best Christmas present golfers want in 2018?
For men the best Christmas present golfers want is the Callaway Men's Strata Ultimate Golf Balls, and for women it's the TaylorMade Women's Mini Sling Pack.
We looked at what onderful golfing husbands, fathers, sons and friends also wanted for Christmas golf gifts this year. A great Christmas gift for golfers can keep them outside. Priceless.
We (Tom and Brad) are golfers, and although we are by no means professional, we put together this list of Christmas gift ideas for golfers. Our goal with this post is to help you find that perfect gift for your golfer friend or family member. We've hopefully been able to find that little extra something that they might not have thought of, or perhaps not know existed! We've divided the list into different categories, but to keep things interesting we've tried to mix it up so there's not an old towel or pair of socks in sight!
|Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls||Best Overall|
|Golf Gadgets||Budget Pick|
|Garmin Approach Z80||Upgrade Pick|