Golf is hard! Why? Because to play where you want to play, you need to master the complex motor skills, movement patterns, and coordination to physically deliver the life of the club back to the ball.
The truth is that the human body was not designed to play golf, with the only exception being the talented people who clearly have extraordinary gifts. The reality is, for most people, it takes many hours of repetitive practice and the right equipment to develop the swing skills that ensure success.
Now you can argue about how essential each training aid below is, but it’s certain that almost all of them will help you in some way.
|Orange Whip Full-Sized Golf Swing Trainer Aid||Best Overall|
|IZZO Golf Smooth Swing||Budget Pick|
|SKLZ Gold Flex Golf Swing Trainer Warm-Up Stick||Upgrade Pick|
1. Orange Whip Full-Sized Golf Swing Trainer Aid
- Various sizes available
- Very affordable
- Comes with a clip to attach to golf bag
- Great for swing training, rhythm, flexibility, balance, tempo, and strength
- One customer complained about the handles being loose
- You can’t use it on the course
While the Orange Whip Full-Sized Golf Swing Trainer Aid – for Improved Rhythm, Flexibility, Balance, Tempo, and Strength – 47” is a great training tool suitable for many users, it’s not for everyone. In general, golfers and even fitness enthusiasts and athletes often use a training aid called the Orange Whip Full-Sized Golf Swing Trainer Aid – for Improved Rhythm, Flexibility, Balance, Tempo, and Strength – 47” for swing practice. In its most general sense, swing practice is used by anyone who’d like to improve their swing, but who isn’t at a point where they can take lessons or is too busy to take lessons. It is a simple tool used to mimic the swings you want to practice.
2. SKLZ Gold Flex Golf Swing Trainer Warm-Up Stick
- You can train your perfect swing and not the golf course conditions
- Practicing on a swing trainer lets you practice with focus
- Allows you to work on each section of your swing to isolate and correct bad habits
- Helps you perfect impact position on the downswing to develop better timing and golf swing
- Allows you to get into the perfect set-up position and practice your grip to work on whatever flaws you have
- Since it's lightweight and easy to use, you can putt or chip with it too
- While it's perfect for beginners golfers, some golfers may find it challenging to improve their swing while using the SKLZ swing trainer warm-up stick
- Although you can practice your full swing using the SKLZ Gold Flex, you may find it more challenging to perfect your swing
- Some golfers may find it challenging to get the SKLZ swing trainer warm-up stick to rotate at the right speed
The SKLZ Gold Flex Golf Swing Trainer & Warm-Up Stick is used by amateurs and touring professionals – and it’s really a no-frills swing-training aid that does exactly what it should. The SKLZ Gold Flex lets you perfect your swing anywhere – on the course or on your yard.
3. SKLZ Golf Tempo Trainer
- Easier to use a than a metronome
- Easy to store in a golf bag
- Lightweight compared to metronomes
- Good budget pick
- Doesn’t look as sleek as a metronome
- Has vibration problems when used on hard surfaces
- Doesn’t attach to clubs
The SKLZ Golf Tempo Trainer is one of the best training devices you can use to improve your swing speed. It’s a right-handed model with red and green lights at the top of the unit. A button on the side of the unit allows for a beep to signal for when you should move at the ball.
This unit is the perfect a training aid for golfers who have speed issues or struggle with tempo. The compact design allows it to be easily stored in a golf bag for convenience. You simply practice using the weighted club to swing smoothly without having to worry about over-swinging.
While this unit can be a good fit for some golfers, it will never replace a use of a metronome or clock for really honing in on your tempo. It doesn’t give you the same nuanced feedback you’d get from an actual metronome or clock when practicing.
4. SelfieGOLF Record Golf Swing
- Ideal for viewing the critical downswing club face angles
- Fastens securely to all golf bags easily
- Works for right or left handed golfers
- Can also be used for hitting chip shots and drives
- Allows you to operate your mobile phone for record keeping
- Durable construction with aircraft grade metal fittings
- Some assembly required
- Black Version Only
The SelfieGOLF Record Golf Swing is a great training aid that allows you to record your swing and improve your game accurately and conveniently. The SelfieGOLF works with any model golf bag and most clubs on the market, and the phone holder is adjustable to perfectly suit most size phones.
Once your phone is secured, simply swing through and watch your lessons! It’s like having a golf instructor with you on every shot. It’s possible to quickly analyze your game and develop a better swing based on your mistakes that can potentially save an abundant amount of wasted practice balls.
5. PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer
- Great training aid to get the ball rolling
- Improves your ability to read the green
- Affordable price
- Poor training aid to improve your aim and technique
- Works best for low handicappers, as a refresher
The PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer is a golf training aid that allows you to improve your putting skills using the ground or a wall to gain control over the direction of the ball. It is designed to improve your response time and accuracy. Since putting is a crucial part of anyone's handicap, this can work well for everyone.
While this training aid is designed to improve your putting skill, it is also a great training aid to improve your ability to read green for your approach shots. This will help you pick the best club for you to use so you can hit accurate approach shots into the hole.
The PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer can also improve your aim. It is the ideal training aid to use in various putting drills. It will also help you build your confidence as a golfer, but you will need to practice with it often to see results.
6. IZZO Golf Smooth Swing
- Perfect balance of weight and spin
- Straps to your club for easy carrying
- Makes you pull your backswing tighter
- Teaches you how to keep your head still
- No more club face alignment issues
- Patented shaft alignment tool
- Great gift idea
- Doesn’t work as well with driver
- A little short
- Might feel a little loose for some people
This innovative aid from Izzo Golf will save you a trip to the driving range, or hundreds of dollars on lessons. The secret is the flexible shaft, which is designed to stop you from pulling the clubhead past the hands at the start of the backswing. And because it straps to any club, it helps even out your swing by working with your (inexperienced) muscles.
This product is well thought out, durable, and portable. It will leave you feeling more confident than you have in years and aspiring to play your best every time.
7. Genuine EyeLine Golf Putting Alignment Mirror
For as long as I can remember, golf instructors have been telling us the importance of keeping your eyes on the ball. Still, there are a lot of golfers that still don’t understand the true importance of keeping your eye on the ball. You will see plenty of people missing putts left and right just because they failed to keep their eyes on the ball.
It’s easy to tell them to do this, but sometimes it’s difficult for golfers to do this naturally. That’s why you need to have some sort of visual to help you keep your eyes line aligned correctly. This is were the genuine eye line golf putting alignment mirror comes into play. The mirror allows you to line up your eye with the ball and helps you better evaluate the quality of your putt.
Now the device is a pricey one, but it is quite useful if you are really serious about your game. The device is easy to use, and you can easily store it anytime you want. You can easily set it up in your home, and take it down easily as well.
8. Impact Bag Golf Swing Trainer
- Simplifies training
- Makes the right muscles do all the work
- Helps with grip during training
The Impact Bag is Dr. Gary Wiren’s Golf Training Aid and Practice Tool. It is also known as the Waterproof Practice Tool. It is made of heavy duty waterproof material. It is made from solid pastic and has a hole for a standard golf shaft. It is complete with an elastic strap. It can be used to restore muscle memory, so that your swing is more consistent.
Proper form is the correct use of the golf muscles. Muscle memory is the way that the muscles remember how they are supposed to work. If you are training for a month, once a week, and you correctly use your muscles, your muscles will remember how to do that the next time.
You will notice a big difference in your club head speed, and performance. This can be taken to practice ranges, or just used around your home. The good thing is the Impact Bag has a 4 5/8” head on it. This does not interfere with the size of your normal sized drivers, fairway woods, and even hybrids.
9. Golf Impact Ball Swing Training Aid
- Easy to use
- Improves ball striking
- Compact design
- Helps with keeping your club shaft parallel with your arms at the top of the backswing
- Provides resistance to your swing
There are plenty of times that you can use a lightweight golf training aid like the Golf Impact Ball. It’s easy to carry and has a unique design that can help improve your swing.
Our Recommendation: One of the golf training aids on our list is the Golf Impact Ball (click to order). At 1.2 oz, the golf impact ball is the lightest golf training aid on our list. It’s a simple tool to help improve your golf swing as it can provide resistance when practicing impact and transition.
10. The Putting Arc T3 Golf Training Aid
- Easy to use in the field
- Only 1/2" thick
- Quiet and convenient
- Helps to prevent the dreaded topping of your putts, by keeping your putter face square and in-line to your target line
- Works well on a flat surface, but not outdoors in the field
- Won't work if you have an offset or blade style putter
- No other pros have tested it so this may be a cronyism product
_MG_4936 The Putting Arc is designed specifically to be a plumb bob to help golfers align their putts. It is made of 2×2 rubber, so it can easily be attached to a golf bag, or roll into your pocket.
The Putting Arc is attached to your putter with a strap which you thread through a hole in the top and bottom. This will allow you to park your putter away when you are not using it.
11. EyeLine Golf Speed Trap 1.0
- Attractive design
- Range of speeds to accommodate a variety of golfers
- Easy to set up and pack away
- Easy to store
- Can be used on grass or turf
- Comes with a storage bag
- Speed numbers are hard to read at a distance
- The gadget is expensive
Looking for the right training tool to improve your golf game? The EyeLine Golf Speed Trap 1.0 – Unbreakable Base, Red Speed Rods and Carry Bag; Shape Shots and Eliminate a Slice or Hook comes with a simple design and a lightweight construction to make your training sessions easier than you’d ever think possible.
It’s designed to reduce slice and hook shots from your golf swing by giving you exposure to various eye heights and speeds. It’s perfect for golfers who want to perfect their game by learning how to shape their shots.
The product comes with a unbreakable base, a red Speed Rod, and a carry bag. It has a red and yellow interchangeable wheel that lets you make speed adjustments with your eyes closed. This lets you get accustomed to different speeds.
12. Pelz Golf DP4007 Putting Tutor
- It helps you see three different putting surfaces
- Doesn’t damage greens
- It helps improve overall putting skills
- Easy to assemble and store
- Durable construction
- Made of sturdy materials
- Achieving the right putter position can be tricky
- Doesn’t affect high-handicappers in practice, doesn’t help with gapping
Looking for a way to improve your putting strokes and training? You may have found the right product in the Pelz Golf Putting Tutor. This contraption attaches to the top of your putter or push-cart to replicate three different green conditions: a fast, medium and slow miniature putting green. It weighs less than five pounds and is easy to take with you and store when not in use.
The Pelz Putting Tutor is pretty affordable and can considerably help fine-tune how you execute all your putting strokes. It makes you hit the ball lighter for a roll that feels like the speed of a realistic green. Also, it helps you to train yourself to align your putter face in a straight line with the ball first and foremost.
13. EX BV Explanar Golf Swing Trainer
- Lightweight for indoor training
- Easy to adjust for different skill levels
- Varying levels of resistance
- Assembly can be difficult without an Allen wrench
- Paint on metal parts can chip
- Larger size might be uncomfortable for young children
If you’re looking for a great indoor golfer’s training aid that has plenty of resistance, check out this EX BV Explanar Golf Swing Trainer. This product is designed for men and women of all ages and serves as a great addition to any home gym.
The EX BV Explanar Golf Swing Trainer helps with your grip, wrist and positioning, arm, shoulder, and core rotations, as well as your flexibility and balance. It has adjustable resistance levels to challenge you, moving from easy to advanced based on your skill level. With the nine resistance levels, you can tone your muscles as you improve your swing.
This trainer has a side-mounted strap handle and its lightweight design makes it easy to use indoors. It doesn’t require any cumbersome power cords or batteries to get it working right. The grip is soft and comfortable and it has a non-slip base to keep it from moving around during your training sessions. It also folds down for storage when not in use.
14. The Authentic Tour Striker Smart Ball
- Helps to improve distance and accuracy
- Works for both left and right handed players
- The ball automatically makes alignment adjustments
- Has been tested on the PGA Tour
- Not as user-friendly as advertised
- Requires batteries
The TOUR Striker SMART Ball from Tour Striker claims to be “the cutting-edge smart golf ball,” and it’s supposed to help club players of all skill levels improve both accuracy and distance.
Designed to work with tee-to-green technology, the smart ball is equipped with a sensor chip inside it and its companion iPhone/Android app. The app is actually designed to improve your game by giving you feedback on how you’re hitting the ball. The manufacturers recommend using a range finder when using the smart ball.
After a few balls, you’ll connect the app to your smartphone, so the device can send and display everything from the height and speed of your shots to the resulting landings of the ball and distance to the pin.
15. Anti-Flip Stick; Impact Golf Swing Training Aid
- Helps you feel confident on the putting green
- Great tool to build confidence on tees
- Helps you aim the ball for better accuracy
- Helps you enhance your golf swing by focusing on better alignment
- Affordable price
- Some find it difficult to understand the simple instruction
- Fits poorly on a putter
One of the biggest challenges of a golf game is the ability to control the ball and its direction. This is where the Anti-Flip Stick comes in. You can check it out and learn more on Amazon today.
16. Super Swing Trainer Golf Full Circle Training Aid
- The most versatile golf training aid
- Easy to use
- No assembly required
- Supreme golf swing training tool
- Not for beginners
- Slightly weak plastic parts
The Super Swing Golf Training Aid is there to help you get your swing back in shape. The idea behind the product is to give golfers a virtual reality environment that would help them time their swings to improve the club head speed.
The Golf Swing Trainer comes with a sensor that attaches to the club shaft and one that attaches to the grip. The sensor then collects data on the club head speed and sends it to the swing trainer. The main advantage of this golf training aid is that it can help you record swings from all angles, and in a wide range of environments.
The Super Swing Golf Training Aid is meant for golfers who play on a regular basis as it took me a few games using this device to get the timing right. However, once I did, I greatly improved my swing speed, and it gave me confidence around the greens. The design of the device has been well thought of, as I didn’t need any additional hardware for additional sensors.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best golf swing training aid?
The fact is, there is no best golf swing training aid though some do work better than others under certain circumstances. Here are the ones that we believe are worth considering.
Fubuki – The Heavy Swings that come with the Fubuki Trainer cause each swing to have a minimum of five and a maximum of 14,000 pounds of force. That's incredible! It has a solid steel core that transfers that force to the shaft. One end plugs into a standard electrical outlet and creates a powerful force that can be delivered to any club. The other end goes into the grip of the club, creating a heavy, real club movement. You can add more weight during practice sessions if you are not getting the right amount of force with the current weight. The Fubuki can add weight of 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, or 300 to any club. A variety of clubs is included, so you can use it with any golf club in your bag.
How do you use training aids in golf?
Imagine you’re standing on the tee box of a 200-yard par three. The wind is blowing out of the north to the west with 15 miles an hour. You’re two under par, have a dozen holes to play and are in the middle of a great round. What do you do?
Should you hit a six iron, three wood, desperate or driver? Whichever you choose, make sure you take your training aids out of your bag to get the most out of any shot.
How does the golf swing trainer work?
The golf swing trainer works by holding the golf club in a position where the club is directly in front of your body. Your hands are about shoulder-width apart. When you’re trying to putt, keep your hands together when you address the ball. By practicing with your hands in this position, you’ll be able to get familiar with the feeling of having your hands together. You’ll also be able to work on your coordination and ability to transition from the different positions in the swing of putting.
There is a lever that you can pull on the trainer. This will lower the club handle so you can easily address the ball. When you want to release the lever, you’re forced to swing the club like you would when performing the actual putting motion. This is a great way to strengthen your muscles and work on the actual motion of your putting swing.
What do I fill my golf impact bag with?
There are many options, but you’re really only limited by your imagination. The most common material to fill golf impact bags with is plastic because it is readily available, cheap and easily reshaped and cut. Filling your golf impact bag with plastic is fine, but plastic is basically sand and is extremely hard. You can also fill it with shredded paper but it will not have the consistency that you want.
The best thing to fill your golf focus bag with is shredded tires, but this information isn’t going to make you look like more of a “green” person. But, if you don’t care about this, shredded tires can be bought for less than plastic and will help you focus much better on your swing.
We know that a large part of the appeal of a new golf training tool or gadget is the promise that you can become a better golfer with it. While your results will not be guaranteed in any way, there are some great products out there that will certainly help your game if used correctly. Here are our recommendations for the best golf training aids.
|Orange Whip Full-Sized Golf Swing Trainer Aid||Best Overall|
|IZZO Golf Smooth Swing||Budget Pick|
|SKLZ Gold Flex Golf Swing Trainer Warm-Up Stick||Upgrade Pick|